Lud's 30th Birthday

You only turn 30 once, so why not do it BIG? For that reason I surprised him with a 30th birthday party back in his hometown. Between me and his family, I am completely shocked that we were able to keep a secret that well for such a long time! Lucie and I sent many bilingual emails back and forth, and decided to have a mechoui (lamb roasted on a spit) with as many of his friends and family as could make it. That resulted in a party of around 60 people!! Victor and Dave spent all day cooking the lamb in the rain (thanks guys!). His uncle Claude offered to host the party but at the last minute we had to change venues because the weather was so bad that the tent was blowing...
We endured the cold (40 degree) weather, rain, an electricity outing during dinner time and had such a great time that I'm sure everyone will remember.  Nolin got to meet many of his extended family members, and spent a lot of time with his cousins which was very sweet to see! He did pretty well during the plane ride--only a couple small outbursts of protest because he didn't want to sit on our laps! Here are some pictures from the party and trip

Old friends!



The star of the day-the Lamb!

Loved the tennis cake that Melanie's friend made for the party! Yummy and beautiful




With my big cousins, Maude and Zoe



Playing with the toys at the airport!

Are we home yet?!

Comments

Popular Posts