Nolin Tomas, his birth story

Our son, Nolin Tomas was born at 1:55 am on Saturday June 9th via C-section.
7 lbs 6 oz 21 inches.
Yes, 5 days past his due date.

We were going to have an induction scheduled on June 10th because I was past due and the doctors thought that he was going to be between 8-9 lbs and didn't want to wait longer. 
However, my cervix was not cooperating. No progress, dilation of any sort.
Friday morning we went for a check up to check my amniotic fluid level and it was too low.
The doctor shook our hand and said it's time to go to the hospital now and that we weren't going to be waiting until Sunday to get our baby out.

My bag was only half-packed because we were planning on a Sunday induction and I was going to have time to really plan what I wanted to bring.

Around 1:30pm Friday I started taking a pill to "ripen" my cervix to being to dilate so that they could give me Pitocin to begin labor.  However after 2 pills and almost 12 hours there was  no progress. The pill was giving me contractions, yet they didn't call it labor because I wasn't dilated. I was in a lot of pain and they couldn't give me pain meds or an epidural because, once again I was reminded i was NOT in labor. 

The doctor came in around 1 am and said that we were going to have to change our plan and get him out via c-section within the hour.  Nolin was not responding well to my contractions--his heart rate was all over the charts.

It was quite a scary experience. They acted pretty fast, and all of a sudden I was being rolled off to the OR. Luda came into the room just before they began. He was great through the whole thing and got to hold our little one when he came out. It was really hard for me to see his little face because of the way I was laying down. I had to wait until they sewed me up, and then until my blood pressure was high enough to hold my son. 

But it was all worth it...







Comments

Popular Posts