39.5 weeks, self-pity and 3 year anniversary

Well well...I didn't think I would be writing at this point that we have not had the baby yet, but it's true. For some reason I thought this little guy would be here early since the doc kept telling me he was going to be big--but I guess he is taking his sweet time.
Today was my 39-week check-up and I am STILL not dialated at all, and the baby is still high.
I'm starting to wallow in self-pity at this point, and can't stand the thought of being preg another day!
Next Tuesday June 5(1 day past my due date) I have an ultrasound scheduled and they will check to see the level of my amniotic fluid and do a fetal heartbeat test (NST). They will attempt to see how big the little guy is at that time.
Today is also our 3 year anniversary. Time sure does fly by. Marriage has been a great ride so far, and I think things are just now getting good. Can't wait for our little family to grow!
Large and in-charge at my mom's house
Until next time

Comments

  1. Good luck friend! I am sure he is just as excited to meet his parents as you are to meet him! I hope he gets here soon :) Sending good thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts