Nolin's 3rd Birthday and Unexpected Surgery for Mama...

Can't hardly believe that I'm typing this, but Nolin turned three years old, yes I said three. For some reason this one really hit hard--made me realize just how quickly the time is going by. Like those ladies at the grocery store who see you struggling and smile, saying "enjoy it because it goes by so fast!" And it is true, it does. Doesn't always make the day to day feel like it is going fast in between making lunches, timeouts and trips to the park, however!
Nolin kept saying "I want a BIG birthday party because I'm a big boy now!" So, we had a party with our friends. Nolin made some new friends as well since our friends brought their children. Newly born Brayden made his first trip over to our new house as well.
Menu was make-your-own Nacho bar. We had an equally yummy desert spread as well. Thanks, Gava!
Nolin is really into the show Paw Patrol these days, so we had a paw patrol theme.  He also loves anything sports related, knights and dragons, legos, and just started learning how to play memory card games. He is talking a mile a minute, learning to reason, and just being a really big boy. We coudn't be prouder parents!
The party was a blast! It was great to see how everyone will still come and make the trip to see us :)
Unfortunately for me, the fun was quite short-lived as late that night into the next morning I had unbearable stomach cramps and went to the ER. Turns out I had appendicitis and I had my appendix removed. I'm almost 100 percent recovered now. But, that was a scare for sure!























Comments

  1. Love these pictures so much! so sorry to have missed this special weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts